Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new fuel pump put in becuase it was having a hard time starting in the morning. So the day after i had it changed it wouldnt start for a few hours but once it started i brought it to my mechanic they checked the fuel pressure and it was only putting out 50psi, its suppose to be 60-66 so idk whats going on, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I agree with djlove. It could be a bad pressure regulator as well. At any rate, they should at least diagnose it for you since you just had work done on the fuel system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd wonder if when replacing the pump/strainer they got enough debris down into the tank that the new pump/strainer may be clogged?

Aside from that, when doing a fuel pump it's generally recommended to do the filter at the same time. So for like $8 give that a try.

Outside of that, check grounds anywhere near tank/frame they may have fiddled with.

If you're only getting 50psi prior to the injectors, it's not an injector obviously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok then ill take the original one off there i cant even solder it its like falling apart haha, so relatively i can just put like a random wire from the pump to the body for a new grounding

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yep, just clean where it attaches to the body or frame well then paint over it. On beater cars i have even cut out the connector and hard wired things in instead of messing around. If you have to remove it in a few months just dike it and reconnect it with some shrink wrap/solder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.