Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my 99, or do all of them have various electrical gremlins? Stuff like turn signal flasher keeps clicking but isn't in use, radio all screwed up reception wize, dash gauges didn't work, fuel gauges is screwy, fan switch works only for top 3 speeds, abs malfunctions at low speed, and more! WTF is up with that. Otherwise it's in really good shape and runs great?
I hade the dash circuit board solders fixed and that fixed a few things but still have lots of crap to deal with.....HELP! :(

· Registered
173 Posts
Its a 99 dude......18 yrs old so the gremlins will ride with you if you let them. I had a few with my 99.

Check your negative battery wire condition and make sure it has a clean connection at the frame.
Check the ground strap for a god clean connection. That could very well cause your gauge & light issues.
After trying 2 new stock antenna's with the base I replaced my stock antenna with a 12 volt hidden antenna to fix my fading/poor reception issues. Cost me under $10.00 and 30 mins to install.
The fan switch issue could be a bad resistor, faulty fan blower or faulty control panel (need more details on your issue)
ABS Malfuntion is typical due to age (I unplugged mines) and theres is a thread or 2 explaining the fix

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies guys, will try a few of these out asap. Interesting about the antenna.
I know it's 18 years old but I have lots of OLDER cars than this, and all that stuff functions fine. More electronics......more damn problems down the road. Planned obsolescence for sure. :roll:

· Registered
3 Posts
My terminal posts are a bit funny, tightened them like hell but still occasionally the engine won't start unless I tweak about with them.

Then there's the tail-lights not working and turn indicators also. Grrrrr!

Engine is strong as an ox along with transmission at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.