1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Silverado
5.3L
FlexFuel (if that matters)
100,000 kms / 60,000 mi

No issues with the way it runs but I thought I would install new spark plugs. (Never been done)
Called the dealer and got price on new AC DELCO because all what I have read on here says they are my best option.
Dealer asks me why am I changing them at such low miles.... he recommended waiting till 160,000 kms/100,000 mi unless there is an issue.

Just wondering what you people think?

And if anyone has the Part # because there seems to be a few different #'s on different sites I have looked.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,428 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't waste my money changing them at 60k unless there is an issue.

You could pull them and see what they look like of you wanted though.

They are 100k plugs. I did mine on my 01 at 103k and they really didn't look too bad.

Also, DO NOT buy plugs through the dealer. You will really get shafted on price. Try amazon and rock auto for the best price. My friend recently bought them from auto parts warehouse since they had them for $1.81 for the acdelco iridium. Plus there is usually a rebate on them too.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
19trax95 said:
Also, DO NOT buy plugs through the dealer. You will really get shafted on price. Try amazon and rock auto for the best price. My friend recently bought them from auto parts warehouse since they had them for $1.81 for the acdelco iridium. Plus there is usually a rebate on them too.
I have been searching both online and locally...
The dealer had them on sale and the price is better than what I have seen online anywhere so far. And I did check your suggestions.
Should have mentioned that I am in Canada, and with US Dollar exchange (average 30%) makes a big difference.
My dealer quoted me $7.46 per plug Regular price $17.60
So my total price including 5% tax is $62.66 (for all 8)

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone who what these #'s mean.
The 41-110 is the GM Part #
But what about the second one...... Seems to me many 41-110's out there with different other #'s

Attachments

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pulled one of my plugs today to have a look (#1 cylinder)
Looks OK but I saw that the # on the plug was AC DELCO 41-985 (not the 41-110) as I expected.

Called my GM Dealer but all they said was it should have been 41-110
Then called AC Delco and they told me 41-985 was discontinued, and has changed #'s 3 times to finally get to 41-110

They also asked me for my VIN# because some trucks were recommended to switch back to the AC Double Platinum. But confirmed my VIN# was NOT one of them.

Just thought I would let everyone know in case someone else encounters this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OTS6YS-2J3a1NqMXlqeVU4Unc/view?usp=sharing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.