Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 285/70-17's on my '12 1500 Regular cab long bed, needless to say I have some rubbing, not bad, but... I'm looking for pics of similar trucks, and the pic section is mostly extended / crew cabs. Just want an idea if 2" will level it or make it be higher on either end.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,657 Posts
Long beds aren't as common, so finding that pic may be tough. But I can tell you I have a similar body style truck as your, mine is a 2006. I cleared 285/70/17 on stock wheels with a 2" level. And you could possibly just crank the stock keys and see what that gets you, before you try to remove a stock key that has been there for 16 years, and will probably fight back..

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Measure the height from the ground to the bottom of your fenders front and rear to determine how much lift you need to level

Google images has a bunch of examples if you type in 2012 silverado long bed level

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
Measure the height from the ground to the bottom of your fenders front and rear to determine how much lift you need to level

Google images has a bunch of examples if you type in 2012 silverado long bed level
Thanks, didn't dawn on me to measure to the bottom of the fender...

· Registered
8 Posts

Not exactly what you're looking for but just hoping to help a bit with a reference. My truck has 285/70/17s with a 4 inch lift. I believe the wheels are 17x8 0 offset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.