Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I agree that these trucks look better leveled. But after i had leveled mine i found myself wishing i still had some rake in the truck. Any time i haul any sort of weight the truck looks severely squatted. Gonna be installing air bags soon to prevent this.

But again.. truck looks great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I like everything about her so far. I can definitely see the issue if you are pulling stuff but I won't pull anything other than a lawnmower and trailer and not as a job. I'm assuming it should be fine with that load. I traded up from my 2013 z71 with the same kit and it was fine.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Looks great! Gives your 14 a great stance! But like mentioned above about hauling/towing, I've got helper springs to prevent squat. Great mod!

·
Registered
123 Posts
slw206 said:
I agree that these trucks look better leveled. But after i had leveled mine i found myself wishing i still had some rake in the truck. Any time i haul any sort of weight the truck looks severely squatted. Gonna be installing air bags soon to prevent this.

But again.. truck looks great.
That's what I did. Air-Lift ones we easy to install...

OP - Truck looks good :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate it. Yea man I think that's what these new models need, a good stance to e able to see the real beauty in them. The 2wd models to me are just ugly, my opinion. I've seen some photos of 2014 with lifts and tires and they do look really sharp. You got a nice ride too. I do miss my 2013 no doubt.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol yea too many red trucks at one place would look kinda gay lol. Nah I think it's a great color, stands out and found out at the dealership purchasing my new one that red does have a better resale value, so they say. Nice ride you got there too. The reason I traded up was because I regretted not getting crew cab to begin with. You gotta get you some rear fender inserts man, it makes a world of a difference in appearance, you don't have that red sticking out, it makes it look seamless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a good idea. They changed them on the new models. It's not plastic anymore. It almost like a scouring pad type of material. I'm not sure if I like it though because it tends to trap small pieces of dirt but then again any material right there will accumulate some type of build up until it's washed off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.