Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has recently offered to install a box under my pack seat, he is a professional installer and has a local business. The problem is i do not know too much about subwoofers! Any suggestions? 10's or 12's, what name brand?, what type of amp?
Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
i have 2 10" kickers with a 700 watt kx kicker amp. also have kicker door speakers haha but its perfect for me. i listen to a lot of metal and hard rock and they keep up very well with the faster double bass drumming. what kind of music do you listen to?

·
Registered
539 Posts
i guess i havnt heard country with my subs.. i know alot of people really like the alpine type r shallow mount subs but they are pretty pricey.. ive heard they are a good all around sub and you can get 10" and 12" variants to fit under your seat.. they have a mounting depth of like 3 or 3 1/2 inches. the kickers i have are really punchy but they dont sound bad at all with rap or hip hop..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
it all depends on your budget, you can get a decent starter settup with entry level subs/amp/box for around $500 or so on up to whatever you can afford to spend. There are tons of great 10s/12s that will fit, it just depend on how much and the mounting depth, look for something with 6inches or less to start with that works in around .50cu ft - 1.0 or so. You can get or build an enclosure that will give you 2 cu ft or so without having to raise your back seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.