Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a 2004 2500hd 4x4 problem I got here is I'm running 30.5s fierce attitudes and its rubbing on front fender well on real sharp turns you can also tell it rubs in the front what I was wanting to know is what's the best way to if this if I could just adjust the bars and raise it up a bit that would be great but I also don't want to run in to trouble and have front end problems.thanks

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
You can simply crank on your torsion bar bolts to get you some front end lift, each turn gives you around 1/4" of height gain. You will need to jack up front end though and put your truck on jack stands, to take some weight off the front to do adjustment. When your done with the cranking on your torsion bars, you'll need to get a front end alignment, so that you'll have even tire wear.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a max amount of turns I need to go so I won't run into trouble?

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
There's no written rule, but you'll need to watch your cv axle angles. They are what dictate where to stop IMO. The more your adjust up, the harsher angle you put them at, which promotes more wear on them. And also the more you crank on the bars, the rougher the ride tends to be.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal ill keep an eye out for it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it be better to just invest in a leveling kit since it may still rub since their 305s??

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Trimming the bottom edge of the fender liners may need to be done. Had to on mine and I'm running 275's and have just the torsion bars turned up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's already been done unfortunately lol

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
How far have you turned the torsion bars up? When I bought my truck they were turned way up and rubbed a lot on the fender liners, I backed them down a bit and the rubbing decreased.
My terminology may be off but keep the the space between upper a-arm and the bump stop at 1/2 inch. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just purchased truck previous owner says it Hasent been done yet

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Oh ok, sorry I read it wrong. You will be fine giving the torsion bars a few turns to see if that stops the rubbing. The comfy ride will decrease though lol.
After a few turns on the keys drive it around the block to let it settle and see what difference it makes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I do need alignment after adjusting the bars?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Nope. I've been running that way for over a year, had new tires put on at the same time I did the torsion bars. Everything is wearing smooth and even.
Others may say otherwise but this is my experience.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright that's good I may still have it done just for the heck of it.since I like taking care of my stuff lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a way to tell if this has already been done it looks like that cv axle is bent a lil but that may be normal

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I look and it seem bolts are in the almost flush so looks like they haven't been touched

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.