Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nitwit son just ordered bilstein 5100's for his 2004 Silverado z71 4x4. He just bought the truck yesterday and he's already wanting it 'leveled'...or new shocks that will accomplish the same. I suggested bilstein 5100's adjustable. So, he jumps online and quickly orders the 5100's thinking he ordered the 5100 ride height adjustables. now, he's not sure if he ordered the right ones....OR....if the bilstein ride height adjustables will even fit his truck.

best I know about his truck is it's pretty much a STOCK 2004 Silverado (no quadrasteer, nothing fancy) with the z71 4wd suspension. my questions is....

1. does bilstein even make the 5100's RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE that fit his truck? If so...does anybody know the correct part # ???

If not, I guess he's getting 5100 bilsteins that WON'T level. Oops, I hope they will take them back or cancel the order.

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
I agree also^^^ You'll need to turn torsion bars or buy leveling keys to install, for more lift to level the front with rear.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the same truck. 04 Z71. I bought new torsion keys and 4 Bilstein 5100's. The part numbers of the shocks I bought are 24-186643 (front)and 24-186742 (rear). Bought from autoanything.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

·
Registered
6 Posts
FlameOut said:
I have the same truck. 04 Z71. I bought new torsion keys and 4 Bilstein 5100's. The part numbers of the shocks I bought are 24-186643 (front)and 24-186742 (rear). Bought from autoanything.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
FlameOut......I am the "nitwit son" that this post is about. I went ahead and ordered new torsion keys along with the bilsteins.....you wouldn't happen to have any before and after pics of your truck, and any advice on the install??

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
As stated above the bad news is they don't make adjustable shocks for the 2004, the good news is if he did order them for the 2007 and up they will fit your truck and will be a great improvement over the oem shocks on your truck if you can't send them back.
Have him jack up the front end to take the weight off of his truck and crank the t-bar bolts in to level out the truck before he spends anymore money buying parts he doesn't really need. ;) Don't be to hard on him, we were all young at one time and made mistakes, this one is not a huge one in the grand scheme of things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.