Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 Silverado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Recently purchased an 05 silverado that has a minor coolant leak coming from what looks like a high pressure line right above the lower coolant hose. I am having a hard time finding the part number for this hose to order a replacement. In the picture it’s the dark hose that looks wet. Any help is appreciated.

Shoe Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes... transmission line/hose. You can cut the factory aluminum crimp ferule off on both ends and replace the hose with transmission cooler hose from a auto parts store.

Slip the new hose on 1 side first with 4 clamps loose then use 2 full stainless steel worm gear clamps on each end spacing them at least 1/2 inch apart or a bit more. Tighten them down pretty good but watch out you don't strip them out. Use hand tools only on the clamps.

·
Registered
05 Silverado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. Is the hose where it normally leaks from? In this case it appears to be leaking from where the line inserts into the radiator. I guess I’ll need to take it out and check.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Normally, it leaks at the hose crimp. I say clean the pipe area at the radiator and check it after a few days of driving to see if it is leaking there. May even take longer to appear as this is usually just a small seepage. Free and easy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts