Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 20" wheels that were on a 2005 Yukon. Does anyone know if the TPMS sensors in them will work correctly on my 2011 Silverado 4wd? I see different part numbers on different sites but all seem to have different info from site to site and don't know who to trust..

· Registered
46 Posts
I put a set of 2005(ish)17" Tahoe Z71 wheels (I had on my '00 1500) on my '12 1500, the idiot light and service tire monitor system came on within 15 miles. Had system checked and the old sensors weren't being read by the new system. So... I either have to get four new sensors ($$$)or go back to the stock steel wheels.

· Registered
6,883 Posts
vrodrex said:
I put a set of 2005(ish)17" Tahoe Z71 wheels (I had on my '00 1500) on my '12 1500, the idiot light and service tire monitor system came on within 15 miles. Had system checked and the old sensors weren't being read by the new system. So... I either have to get four new sensors ($$$)or go back to the stock steel wheels.
Did you program th new sensors to the truck, they don't do themselves.

· Registered
6,883 Posts
warlok said:
I bought a set of 20" wheels that were on a 2005 Yukon. Does anyone know if the TPMS sensors in them will work correctly on my 2011 Silverado 4wd? I see different part numbers on different sites but all seem to have different info from site to site and don't know who to trust..
as long as they are the 315 Hz sensors they should program fine and work. Given they are 11 years old they could be dead though.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it should be 315 MHz so maybe I'll get lucky. They're aftermarket so I'm not sure if they're 11 years old. But I'm getting tires before I run them anyway so I'll have them change the batteries..

· Registered
46 Posts
wildchevy said:
vrodrex said:
Did you program th new sensors to the truck, they don't do themselves.
Yeah, I had the tire shop down the road from me hook their Snap On TPS scanner / programmer to the truck and check everything. I did have one dead sensor, but the truck wasn't communicating or vice versa with the sensors.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. And just wanted to say these Pathfinder Sport A/T tires (rebranded Kumho KL61 Road Venture SAT. The Pathfinder A/T are rebranded Hankook Dynapro's) are pretty great on the road. Felt like it wasn't quite as stable in the sidewall on the first ride home but it's completely stable. Ride great and hopefully I get plenty of life out of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.