Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far l have removed my 4.8 and the automatic transmission yesterday l finished with the clutch master and pedal assembly which lm not impressed by made of plastic l may change it at a later date there's a spot where it lines up with 2 holes but no threads so l cut a piece of 1/4 flat bar narrow with a tabs a top shaped like T drilled 2 holes tapped with metric thread had some metric bolts laying around so to keep the plate against the holes l had a neomagnet from kids toy drilled a shallow hole little silicone and put magnet in it bam works perfectly installed pedal assembly still trying to figure out the hole up top. This swap has been a pain had to remove a power junction box that was in the way of pedal. Also trimmed the brake pedal to correct size for manual grip pad. I'm going to purchase a new tremec tkx just because it makes sense every one lve found for sale privately 2700 or junkyard 3000 plus 500core fee then add tax close to 4k l got it brand new from Summit Racing with the bell flywheel clutch kit bearing throwout bearing 4800 with tax no Brainer. And shipping was only 20 bucks can't beat that with a stick

·
Administrator
7,325 Posts
No offense, but some properly placed punctuation would make your posts a whole lot easier to read.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's 100s of variations but l have a hurst stick already don't know if it will fit. But l am a fabricator with metal so l can mod it or just make my own. The videos l seen online were with nv3500 and that puts it under dash.this trans can be 16 to 19 inches from the bell that's just the one it comes with. I won't know anything for sure until I get the bell. I just scrub down the steering rack n crossmember.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Blue Automotive lighting

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK well my girl just reminded me that leaving that clutch pedal in there would just be a hassle to fix later beings that they often fail so l decided to rip the plastic crap out of there an fabricat one from steel l ordered a brake pedal for my truck and I will trim the pedal and build a carriage up top for it. I also ordered a wilwood master to replace the plastic one it going to be a job doing this but the bell housing is on back order and trans don't get here till Saturday l will post picks once l start and again as l finish......

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,986 Posts
OK well my girl just reminded me that leaving that clutch pedal in there would just be a hassle to fix later beings that they often fail so l decided to rip the plastic crap out of there an fabricat one from steel l ordered a brake pedal for my truck and I will trim the pedal and build a carriage up top for it. I also ordered a wilwood master to replace the plastic one it going to be a job doing this but the bell housing is on back order and trans don't get here till Saturday l will post picks once l start and again as l finish......
Why not just like buy a clutch pedal out of a Silverado?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts