Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Silverado with a 5.3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah they're 24s. They actually ride pretty well! I thought they might be a little bouncy and choppy but these rod Smith. They're Ragnarok zeros..
Yeah that's how I felt too about the amount of money I spent on the truck. I felt like I could have done a few more things that were better..
I bought some AlphaRex headlights and new exhaust tips he installed too.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,966 Posts
Its not a great price but there was another member on here that paid 12k to replace his with a stock engine so you came out ahead based on that. Yeah you can feel ripped off at that price but without an itemized list and labor cost its hard to say and now its fixed for good. 250k miles from now you should be going strong.

If it helps a family member just had his 2017 ford f250 gasser with 174k engine go out.. quoted 12k to drop in a crate and then an additional 3k for some fuel/misc issues. So 15k total (this was at ford I might add) So he bought a new one instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok I understand what y'all mean.
I don't feel ripped off or taken advantage of or anything like that. I have a itemized copy from the shop as well. I just wonder if I could have done more aggressive or "cooler" upgrades (which it sound like I could have for 10k). The motor is breaking in nicely and seems to be gaining more power and deeper more aggressive sound. But I I should have done more research, got on here to ask you guys about different upgrades, and then told the shop more specifically when I was looking for.. But that's really on me haha be

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Ok I understand what y'all mean.
I don't feel ripped off or taken advantage of or anything like that. I have a itemized copy from the shop as well. I just wonder if I could have done more aggressive or "cooler" upgrades (which it sound like I could have for 10k). The motor is breaking in nicely and seems to be gaining more power and deeper more aggressive sound. But I I should have done more research, got on here to ask you guys about different upgrades, and then told the shop more specifically when I was looking for.. But that's really on me haha be
All that matters is if you're satisfied with the purchase. At least you can be at ease you won't have issues for a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
All that matters is if you're satisfied with the purchase. At least you can be at ease you won't have issues for a while.
Yeah that's true and I appreciate all of y'all's advice! I definitely could use 150 extra horsepower! Haha. Thanks for the inside guys 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice, clean truck! Are those 24's? How's it ride with such short sidewall tires?
They ride pretty well when driving normally. Longer I have them the more I like them. If I get upwards of 90mph + then they can be a little shakey. And it's definitely harder to balance them than the 20s. Sorry for such a delayed response! I thought I responded already.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hahaha I know man! I answer on government time 🤣! It's been running really good! The cam has been more noticeable and sounds really good. Ended up putting Flow master super 10s on it and it sound great! Still drive it daily and I've been really pleased with Jasper motor's product

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank man I appreciate that! Yeah, i would have done a couple things differently but I'm definitely satisfied with it! And the shop that did the install and upgrades are very good and knowledgeable. The warranty is 3 years/100000 miles and that includes the install wiring harness.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts