Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Silverado Ext Cab • 5.3 • 3” / 5” drop • 22” OE snowflake reps
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been about a week since I had the long tubes headers and Y pipe installed.
Along with new plugs all the way around and wire with heat shields
Can’t get in the tuner till next Friday

Truck all of sudden starting running like crap, almost little too no low end
And rough idle

Any advice? Am I safe to drive it, or should I leave her parked till I get it tuned?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah, make sure all of your spark plugs are tight and reseat all of the wires. Check the header flange bolts too.

Reactions: ChaoticSpitta

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2011 Silverado
5.3Texas speed long tubes, no cats
New spark plugs and wires
New tps
Tuned locally
Randomly when idling at a red light, the idle will become very rough. And taking off feels like I’m in 2nd gear
Check engine light will pop up and go away when cruising around 20-30 mph
Truck will be fine for a few days then randomly do it again
any ideas?
MAF sensor?
O2’s?

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,640 Posts
make sure both FRONT o2 sensors are fully installed in the header collectors where they should be... make sure wiring harnesses for both front o2 sensors are fully snapped on/connected.... make sure both front o2 sensor wiring harnesses are not bent, broken, burned, melted from the headers (heat), etc..

also make sure all of the plugs and plug wires are good.

The O2s and plug/plug wires are usually the culprits for what you describe.

You need to figure out what that check engine light is. That would probably help a ton. Got any way you can do that on the fly to try to catch it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
make sure both FRONT o2 sensors are fully installed in the header collectors where they should be... make sure wiring harnesses for both front o2 sensors are fully snapped on/connected.... make sure both front o2 sensor wiring harnesses are not bent, broken, burned, melted from the headers (heat), etc..

You need to figure out what that check engine light is. That would probably help a ton. Got any way you can do that on the fly to try to catch it?
I’ll doubly check everything tonight when I get home, appreciate the help man!
I’ll try and get a reading on the code. But when it does come on it’s only for about 5-10 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I replaced everything you mentioned except the harness. Considering it, but it’a got to be exact? 2WD, 5.3, the right transmission, round vs square coils??? Too many variables.
I’ve experienced this upwards of 100K, truck has 315. Will it worsen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts