Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've replaced the headunit (HUGE difference) and I'm happy with the sound now, but I still want some bass.

How, in the sam-dilly, did any of you run the power cable through the firewall? I can't find anything to squeeze the line through and going through the bunch by the driver side scares me cause it's tight. I don't want to drill, as the area I'm in see's a lot of salt during the winter.

I'm almost to the point of getting someone else to do it just so I can have a 'warranty' on the service, but if there is a secret, I'll be more than happy to give it a try myself.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

·
Registered
949 Posts
I pulled the carpet up on the passenger front side, there was a spot that looked like it was for a drain plug or something. That's the only way I know how to describe it. I drilled through it, ran my power wire from my battery down under the truck along the outside of the frame, and up through the bottom of the truck. I can take some pictures sometime tomorrow if you'd like. Zip tied the wire to keep it from falling and swinging around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.