Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the type B radio system in it. Since buying from a dealership, its had a Kenwood DDX374BT head unit and the factory Bose 1.9 ohm speakers in it. I lost sound output to the front speakers and the pillers. Only the back door speakers are still functional. After weeks of reading and researching the subject, I replaced the door speakers with the same results. I'm lost at this point, Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest starting with the radio, pull it out and check how it's been connected up to the truck's harness. You can also test if the radio is actually putting out a signal.
I got sound coming from the back speakers, so il trouble shoot what wiring is for the front speakers from the unit to see where the loss of power is at.

·
Premium Member
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 210,000 mi
18,266 Posts
Is the Kenwood unit you installed compatible with the Bose system? I put in an aftermarket radio a few years ago, and there were specific wiring instructions for a Bose vs a non-Bose system. Could be your issue.

A lot of these threads are older model trucks, but some are not. scan through them and see what I mean about the compatibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts