Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All. Good afternoon. I do realize that there are tons of posts on here about replacing the front airbag sensors on a Silverado. However, here's what I'm up against. I have a 2012 Silverado LT. Apparently, they changed the mounting method for the front airbag/impact sensors on my year model. I have a TORX screw that screws in from the top rather than a 10mm bolt that screws in from the bottom.

My questions is: Has anyone replaced a sensor like this? I've found many videos and posts about replacing the sensors with the bolt, but none that talk about how to replace the one with the TORX screw. The problem I'm running into is being able to get a torx wrench up under the radiator to turn the screw. I know this should be simple and appreciate everyone's patience.

Ron P.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: We had to loosen both the fan shroud and the radiator TOP bolts (4 total) and lift them slightly up out of the way. We also found that the TORX screw that's used has two sides to it. The screw head is on the top, but the bottom of the screw has a small TORX end on it for a female TORX socket. So, for anyone with at least a 2012 Chevy Silverado, that's how it's done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts