·
Registered
2012 Silverado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Needing to replace the stock headunit in my 2012 Silverado
  1. No navigation
  2. No Bose
  3. I do want to retain the stock backup camera, steering wheel controls, and chimes
  4. would prefer something plug-n-play (or as we call it in the windows world, plug-n-pray)
  5. I see mention of the EONON units and the DynaVin units and this is really the way I'm wanting to go as I don't want to fool with all the PAC adapters to retain the stock controls by using aftermarket head units such as kenwood, sony, alpine, etc. although I know they're better quality.
  6. Can anyone tell me if the EONON units are 100% plug n play (aside from stock rear camera having to be wired properly for it) without any additional adapters, etc.?
  7. The Dynavin looks 100% plug n play (aside from stock rear camera wiring) - can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,819 Posts
Hi all. Needing to replace the stock headunit in my 2012 Silverado
  1. No navigation
  2. No Bose
  3. I do want to retain the stock backup camera, steering wheel controls, and chimes
  4. would prefer something plug-n-play (or as we call it in the windows world, plug-n-pray)
  5. I see mention of the EONON units and the DynaVin units and this is really the way I'm wanting to go as I don't want to fool with all the PAC adapters to retain the stock controls by using aftermarket head units such as kenwood, sony, alpine, etc. although I know they're better quality.
  6. Can anyone tell me if the EONON units are 100% plug n play (aside from stock rear camera having to be wired properly for it) without any additional adapters, etc.?
  7. The Dynavin looks 100% plug n play (aside from stock rear camera wiring) - can anyone confirm this?
Contact member "wottenad" (Walt,) via PM @ ADC Mobile......He can probably help...

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact member "wottenad" (Walt,) via PM @ ADC Mobile......He can probably help...
appreciate the feedback, thanks, but that's kind of biased IMO since ADC is the seller of the DynaVin unit. I like that it's PnP but much prefer the looks of the EONON unit R80 not to mention it's twice the price. I'm replacing a stock head unit so anything is an upgrade obviously. Ultimately, I'll probably go the DynaVin route because it seems to be a more proven offering but just looking for some honest feedback from anyone that might have either unit already installed and working as expected.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.. washed my hands really quickly with EONON when I found not 1 but 2 different FB groups that did nothing but complain about all the problems with those units, several different units, several different vehicles, etc. and not getting any support from China on the issues.

then to further that, I decided, screw it, I'll just go the DynaVin route and unfortunately, not a good experience so far with ADC. Emailed early this morning CST with a question and yes I get that he's PST. That email didn't get answered until I sent him a PM here this afternoon stating "i sent this to your email also earlier" with the same question

Asked about parts needed for install, kept telling me nothing else required yet DynaVin site clearly states the camera cable is needed for my 2012 without NAV to get stock camera on the screen of the head unit. Sent email again to confirm, no response, called and he answered with this response, "I'm on an open-ended call, I'll call you back" that was almost 3 hours ago, no return call, still no answer to my email so if pre-sales is this way, I can only imagine post-sales.

I'm but not even a tiny fish in his sea but I'm done.. going aftermarket

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,819 Posts
You should have communicated with Walt directly from this site via PM like I suggested. I don't have one of their units, so I have no dog in this hunt, so to speak, but from what I've read here he's always been real responsive to the membership.
You also seem to be impatient. Most customer service departments take 24 to 48 hours to respond to email inquiries, and as a general rule of thumb you shouldn't expect otherwise unless you call and are prepared to be on hold, and like Muzak.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have communicated with Walt directly from this site via PM like I suggested. I don't have one of their units, so I have no dog in this hunt, so to speak, but from what I've read here he's always been rear responsive.
You also seem to be impatient. Most customer service departments take 24 to 48 hours to respond to email inquiries, and as a general rule of thumb you shouldn't expect otherwise unless you call and are prepared to be on hold, and like Muzak.
(y)

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
350 Posts
I’m running a Dynavin N7 Pro in my 2011. I purchased mine from Walt at ADC Mobile. His service is top notch and he’ll answer any questions you have. It’s plug and play, no wiring adapters are required. It has a few quirks but overall I’m happy with it.

Plant Vehicle Mode of transport Car Display device
Vehicle Gadget Communication Device Personal luxury car Display device
Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle Font Audio equipment
Plant Vehicle Car White Automotive design

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,530 Posts
How is the boot-up time on the Dynavin?

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all. I wound up going the route of Kenwood DDX6706S and iDatalink Maestro RR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts