Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the trigger on a 7-9" McGaughys lift kit.
For wheels and tires I went with 18x9 Fuel Mavericks (black/milled) with a 4.5 backspace and -12 offset on 35x12.50x18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.
I can't wait to get this stuff to the house then installed. I know it'll lead to more mods...already on the list is the Diablo InTune. I had one on my 2012 Silverado and loved it.
Some pics of how it sits now...

Attachments

· Registered
942 Posts
That's my favorite current truck. Would love to have one. Looking forward to seeing it lifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have experience with Grunion Fabrication? I ordered the lift kit through them and it still says pending on the order...order was made on 11/04..and they haven't answered my email about it.

Also I'm going to most likely add an MBRP dual exhaust kit soon. Had it on my 12 Silverado and loved it.

· Registered
942 Posts
I have the MBRP single outlet exhaust and really like the sound. It's loud in the mid range, wish it was a little louder during WOT, but no big deal.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, rims and tires are at the house. Just ordered a Diablo InTune I2 w/ a custom diablew tune along with a cat back exhaust from MBRP. Still waiting on the lift...Grunions customer service isn't that great. They never answered my email and on Facebook they answered a couple times but gave no definitive answer on the shipment. We'll see what happens.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
Tell me about it. I waited two weeks for my cognito parts. When I asked when they would ship the Monday I ordered them they said "maybe next week" and they were even in stock! But I'm sure it will be worth the wait

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well now I have a tracking number haha. Finally. Two weeks after I placed the order. Delivery on the lift is expected Friday.

I installed the MBRP exhaust and loaded the 87 octane tune/disabled AFM and torque management, bumped up idle RPM to 600 and set trans to firm shift. I'll probably switch to the 93 octane for data logging when I get to that with Lew.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also....I know the McGaughys lift pushes the front track out a bit. I want the rear wheels to be in line with the fronts..anyone with experience with this lift know what size spacers I would use on the rear? Again they're 18x9's with a -12 offset (4.5 backspace)

Thanks!

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
-12 on your truck will stick out about 1.5in in the rear. Use BORA spacers. 1.5in is the min you can use by just trimming the nipples of your wheel studs.

· Registered
89 Posts
Well you're lucky that you got your lift that fast. I ordered mine through the Mcgauphys store on Oct 25 and still have not received it. It says it is suppose to be delivered on the 30th of this month. Of course I will be TDY again. Your truck will look sweet with the lift and tires.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my second time going with diablo. I like it a lot..easy to use and doesn't leave a footprint if you still have a warranty on the truck. My last tune I didn't get a custom one though from Lew..this time I am once the lift and tires get on there. I recommend going through Lew if you buy it (06montess) I ordered on a Saturday and it was at my door on Monday afternoon.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.