Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about two different Bose systems. Your wife's SLT has the "basic" Bose system while your Denali has the "premium" Bose system. One of the main differences is that the premium system does a lot more processing at the amps than the basic system. I have the basic Bose system in a 2013 Sierra 2500 SLT crew cab. As a musician and audiophile for 45 years, we always had a saying - "Got no highs, got no lows, lordy, lordy, must be Bose."

With that said, I'm pleased enough with the Bose system in my new truck that I'm not going to "trick it out" like I had my '05 Tahoe (a complete aftermarket system). I just cranked the highs up about half way to the top and bumped the lows a bit. You have to consider the quality of your music source, too. Off-the-air broadcasts aren't optimal - and neither are low-bit MP3s. The hard drive system in my Tahoe would play FLAC (a lossless audio CODEC equal to CD quality), but the Bose in the Sierra won't. I just re-ripped everything to fixed bit-rate MP3s at 360 and put them on a flash drive for the truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have an 07 LTZ with the bose system not sure if its the high or low one like rob is talking about.. I've found on this system as well as all others (car, home computer etc.) when adjsuting your EQ make a "W" if you only have high mid and low make a "V" i listen to every type of music and it helps them all sound better. if your eq is like mine try bumping up the high and low/bass up 6 and the mid up 3. and like rob said it really matters what audio source you are using your speakers wont sound any better than what you play on them. (and your wife arcadia has much more room for sound and probably larger and more speakers theres no doubt it will sound better) hope it helps :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a 2013 LTZ with the Bose and I'm very happy with it,when using the ipad it really sounds nice.if I had to change anything I would add one more sub,I'll be leaving mine stock.when playing it at high levels it really sounds nice and clear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.