Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I'm looking for input on a project I'm planning on starting. I got a 2013 5.3 that needs to be woken up.. I also want to give it a unique look. Here's a list of some tools that I've been looking at:

-AirRaid Jr. Kit
-Borla S-Type Exhaust (Dual in dual out)
-Pacesetter Long Tube Headers
-Diablo Trinity Tuner (w/ Lew's custom tune)
-Linex Bed Liner
-Chrome replacement door handles
-Aries 4" bull bar
-Stampede Chrome hood protector
-Custom made "Sierra" decal, with chrome color, for windshield

Any input here fellas? Anything you think I'm missing? Thanks for your input!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by debadge?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're going to do a CAI, do a aftermarket MAF and a throttle body spacer. Isn't going to wake it up like a pro charger but it will be a lil more perky
or pulleys, or a programmer. the programmer I have made a huge difference in mine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mag11SGM said:
Really want to wake it up? Supercharger........
Just sayin'

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.
A supercharger would be awesome.. but that would require me to do a lot more work on the tranny and what-not haha. And they are expensive as hell!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Naw with good tranny tune she'll hold 650-700 easily. You can pick up a D1 procharger for about $5200-$5500.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a big bonus from work.. so I ordered some parts! I've got a chrome bug guard coming, a magnaflow installation scheduled for Friday, and I've also got an Airaid Jr. kit on the way as well. I'll post pics of the CAI install as well as a pic of my new bug guard. Weekend needs to get here!

·
Registered
546 Posts
as for the performance mods, it sounds good.. more air in (intake), more air out (exhaust), a good tune (i need this), and of course a bed liner!! good ideas

Personally i like chrome but i think theres an appropriate amount of chrome and then theres "over-chrome." you already have chrome rims, grill, and bumpers... i would say you are very near the over-chrome bubble.. handles, hood protector, bull bar,window decal... humm yeah thats a bit much.

as for the bull bar.. i think it looks like a half butt brush guard plus dont you have to remove your tow hooks for it?

the windshield decal... everyone knows you are driving a "Sierra" and putting a huge sticker on your windshield kinda looks fugly. i believe there were a few examples in The Worst Exterior Mods

a few things you may be missing:
-remove the front air dam
-2.5 level
-tint the front windows to match the back

not trying to make you mad.. you asked :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input madhatter! You bring up some good points.. anyone know any special precautions I should take when installing the Airaid ?Do I have to unhook my battery?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Don't know that you have to unhook the battery, but a ton of people on here unhook the batteries every time they open the hood, it seems. Maybe it will reset the MAF and learn something new from the new intake? I know not.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would say you only need to unhook your battery if you get a check eng light. my three previous trucks had the RPO - K47 HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER, so there was already a good bit of air moving over the MAF and when I installed the CAI on all three there was never a reason to unhook the battery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright cool, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got some work done this past weekend.. Installed the Airaid Jr. Kit. Had my local shop put dual magnaflows on to replace my straight pipe system.. it was just too loud. Here are some pics of the CAI

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also just order the Airaid Jr kit. After everyone saying that the stock air box already flows plenty well enough and draws cooler air than the aftermarkets, I decided the MIT and drop in filter was the best bet. I don't like going with cheap brands and heard complaints about the Spectre, so I went with the Airaid. How do you like it overall Rau360?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.