Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just registered for the site and is my first time post. I'm hoping for guidance/directions on what to do about my late father-in-laws headlights for his 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Due to his passing I'm fixing up his truck to make it road worthy for my mother-in-law to drive during the winter. He bought the truck used and has a very janky wiring set up for the head lights. I'm very sure that the head light housing is the stock 2013 housing, however, the head lights are a overly blue tint and not very bright. Also, when I look under the hood I can't see the manufacturer name but there is a smallish gold box screwed to the fender liner and some janky looking wiring going to it.

Would any know of this "conversion" I guess it's called? Did that generation Sierra come with HID/Xenon housings OEM I could swap in or does anyone know of how to go back to the stock halogen bulbs? I can provide any information necessary.

Thank you all,

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
A picture or two might be helpful. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,655 Posts
Welcome to the site. As Gary said, we need pictures.

Nice screen name...I'm more of a Targeryen guy myself.

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
The above the pictures I can find of the boxes in gold and the wiring i just want to go back to stock halogen
To me that looks like some of that really old "OPT7" "gold" HID crap.
Rip it all out, restore your headlight harnesses, (or buy replacements or visit the junkyard,) and put halogens back in.

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To me that looks like some of that really old "OPT7" "gold" HID crap.
Rip it all out, restore your headlight harnesses, (or buy replacements or visit the junkyard,) and put halogens back in.
Thank you for your response! So is it as easy just ripping it out and buying new harnesses? It looks like something is leading to the battery terminal is this part of the gold box thing or would I use that for the OEM harness?

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
Looks like quite the hack job. Like Roo said, rip it out and start over.

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
yeah it was bought modified so I honestly don’t know what any of this is. Is it as easy as just ripping stuff out? So I need to worry about breaking other things?
Font Line Parallel Slope Rectangle
Font Parallel Rectangle Circle Screenshot

Rip all that crap out like is shown in the first picture. Then get a couple of new or junkyard harnesses like in the second picture and you should be good to go. It's the best I can do without being there in person to see what's going on. Can only do so much from a picture.

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 943206 View attachment 943207
Rip all that crap out like is shown in the first picture. Then get a couple of new or junkyard harnesses like in the second picture and you should be good to go. It's the best I can do without being there in person to see what's going on. Can only do so much from a picture.
thank you sir very much appreciated. I’ll give this a try and get back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts