Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Leave them alone a little longer

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
Yes I put a small bit of anti seize on the threads and I typically only put the dielectric on the boot/plug end of the wires.

They actually make something of the sort, called a topside creeper! Never used one though.

Reactions: Sperry

·
Registered
2013 4.8L 4L60E
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Always put anti-seize on the threads unless you want one breaking off in the head.
Roger. Thanks. Lots of odd info out there. I used it on four NGKs going into a Subaru. Then started hearing the NO crowd.

Wires came today . . . They smell like the real deal.

Furniture Wood Publication Flooring Wood stain

·
Registered
2013 4.8L 4L60E
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Using this numbering system: As you look at your vehicle from the front, cylinders 1-3-5-7 are on the driver's side. On the hand, cylinders 2-4-6-8 are on the passenger's side.

Done. Some cussin' but not too much. Nos. 7 & 2 were particularly tight; No. 1 was very not-tight. Required a 1" extension on No. 8 but used the 3" almost exclusively, and the 6" a couple of times.

Wood Glass bottle Idiophone Metal Mass production

·
Registered
2013 4.8L 4L60E
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Those plugs really don't look bad at all for 102k.
A lot of highway miles. Can hit low-mid 20s MPG on long flatland trips. I'll take a drive in a little bit and see if my city MPG increases. At idle the truck does sound quieter but maybe that is hearing loss.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 1500
73 Posts
Those plugs really don't look bad at all for 102k.
I agree. those don't look bad. I run the ngk plugs in mine. feels like it runs better with those(had AC Delcos originally), but they don't seem to last as long. just put in the 1465 laser iridium plugs a few days back with new granatelli wires and man what a difference. we'll see how long those plugs last.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
They look nice to have, I luckily don't work in the engine bay much but if I did I would have one.

·
Registered
2013 4.8L 4L60E
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The one pictured would be trashed in no time in a typical garage setting. Unless you have a white-glove shop with baby-smooth floor and no clutter 😂

I'd guess a TSC made for the rigors of a typical obstacle-laden and uneven floor would cost several times the hobbyist version. And that ain't my ultracrepidarianism creeping into the post.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
No different than an engine hoist. I am sure it would be fine in any shop unless the shop has a dirt floor or pot holes in it lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts