Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a new set of tires for my 2014 2500HD. I'm trying to find some accurate information on proper fitment. The truck has the 18 inch option, running 265/70R/18's. I spoke to a customer service rep at discounttiredirect and he insisted that a 285/65R/18 Nitto Terra Grappler would fit on the truck with no fitment issues. The truck is all stock, and I'd like to avoid having to crank the torsion bars to avoid rub. I've done quite a bit of forum searching, but haven't found confirmation on this combo. Can anyone support his claim that these tires will fit? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Matt

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt! Tire fitment on the 2014's is still a little "new" to most here on the forum, with that said; you may need to turn your T-bars a slight amount for proper clearance. The 07.5-13's trucks would've needed this same small adjustment for clearance. With each new 2014 member we get, we learn a little more of the fitment. Good luck, let us know how it turns out and maybe do a member introduction and let's see some pics of that 2500 HD as well!
Member Introductions

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
While the 2014 trucks may still be new, the HD trucks are still using the same platform as the previous years were, so I can't see tire fitment changing much, if at all. Just like how the fitment on the 07.5-13 1500's didnt change because they used the same platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.