Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Flex fuel sensor might be faulty and screwing with your trim.??? Any buyers on that one? I just don't get a faulty or dirty MAF sensor vibe...Now as far as cats and O2's I can't tell you if running too rich too long will do to them. I haven't had a cat in years....Just like real cats I'm allergic to them lol...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Check the fuel trim for ethanol percentage, my 08 avalanche had a reading of 63 percent, I reset it to 3 percent, clear codes all is good. I had this happen before, even with trucks that don't burn ethanol and it will trip o2 issues. I reset it with my tech2 scanner.
You kinda beat me to where I was going. I don't know about resetting it or replacing it will fix it, but definitely believe it's the flex fuel sensor..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have new 02 sensors...new MAF....new MAP sensor...I think it has to be something on the front end sending wrong info to make the fuel level rich on both banks..so it could be flex sensor
I think your right...Those combo of codes just screamed flex fuel sensor to me.. but I'm just a guy on a phone typing nonsense part of the time. lol

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm just a guy begging for answers don't mind me
If it is the flex fuel sensor, I just don't know if it's something that can be reset at a shop or has to be replaced. That's where my experience hits a wall. Curious to find the end result though..Maybe one of the other members can take this diagnosis further.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I don't think you understand what the word "diagnosis" means. So far, no diagnosis has happened on this thread. It has been suggested multiple times, but none has actually happened.
I understand the word diagnosis...I also know there has been suggestions made and nothing but chit chat has happened.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts