Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I'm just a guy begging for answers don't mind me
If it is the flex fuel sensor, I just don't know if it's something that can be reset at a shop or has to be replaced. That's where my experience hits a wall. Curious to find the end result though..Maybe one of the other members can take this diagnosis further.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
If it is the flex fuel sensor, I just don't know if it's something that can be reset at a shop or has to be replaced. That's where my experience hits a wall. Curious to find the end result though..Maybe one of the other members can take this diagnosis further.

I don't think you understand what the word "diagnosis" means. So far, no diagnosis has happened on this thread. It has been suggested multiple times, but none has actually happened.

Registered
I don't think you understand what the word "diagnosis" means. So far, no diagnosis has happened on this thread. It has been suggested multiple times, but none has actually happened.
I understand the word diagnosis...I also know there has been suggestions made and nothing but chit chat has happened.....

Registered

Registered
Test your fuel for alcohol percentages, unplug your MAF sensor and see what codes it throws. If it throws the same codes and alcohol percentages are normal in your gas, then you have an internal leak in your high pressure fuel pump or a bad fuel injector.

Registered
Is it ticking? Like a lifter tick? Check your manifolds for leaks and broken bolts. An exhaust leak is common with these and can do that. I was hearing a tick, thought it was the DoD lifters, till I checked the manifolds while changing cats. New to me truck, btw. Rear two manifold bolts gone, both sides.

Registered
Btw - double check when you change cats. I have an '09, ordered an OEM assembly - got the wrong one. '07/'08 end in a 3 way bolt on arrangement (having brain fart) while the '09 -'13 are longer with a "ball joint" on the end. Ruby is sitting on jacks blocking the garage till the correct one comes in 馃え.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts