Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 3" leveling kit is too much for the 14 2wd Silverado. I measured the distance and there is about a 3 1/2" rake I just did not know if anyone has heard of any problems. It seems everyone is posting about 4wd trucks thanks for any help.

·
Registered
371 Posts
3" is going to be a little tough on your front end suspension parts but it shouldn't be anything detrimental to the truck. The ride will also get a bit stiffer but hey atleast itll look sweet! What company are you getting the level from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting it from Autospring on eBay, it is the strut spacer for the top. I had a 2" on my avalanche and it worked well but they put allot of rake on the new ones. I don't want the rear to sag but also want some relability for the front may go with 2.5

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well for them supposedly using the same set up suspension wise the rake is bit more. If I use the 3" I will still have 1/2" difference. I don't know what I am going to do, with the 3" do you think the control arms will be in a bind causing ball joint failure?

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's pretty possible. When i was going through my dilemma of figuring out which size to go with, Everyone told me 3" would cause too much tension on the control arms and put them at a bad angle. I would go with the 2.5 to be safe and if it is noticeable you could easily correct it with a nice toolbox to even out the rake!

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
With the 14's still being a little new it's hard to say actually, but with the 3" level kits the uca's start to bottom out on bump stops causing a hash ride...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2.5" Lift Installed, be careful after this lift there will be a slight popping noise when turning hard either way. This is caused by the Electronic assisted power steering, the steering shaft almost does a 90 degree angle into the power steering box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.