Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Silverado 1500 LT with a Crew Cab and decided to add some base to the factory stereo. Initially i was going to post this here to tell you how to get the speaker signal from the back door wiring harness but since i am already here i figured ill post some images as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THE FUSE NUMBER IN MY TRUCK WAS #39. IN MY TRUCK THEY USED MICRO FUSES INSTEAD OF MINI. I COULD NOT FIND A MICRO (ATR) FUSE TAP TO ADD A CIRCUIT SO I SOLDERED THE REMOTE TO THE BACK OF THE FUSE ONLY UNTIL I CAN FIND A TAP SOMEWHERE TO DO IT RIGHT. THE SMALLEST TAP AT THE LOCAL AUTO-ZONE WAS THE MINI AND THAT ONE IS TOO BIG.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AFTER YOU RUN THE MAIN POWER AND REMOTE CABLES OUT OF THE ENGINE BAY REMOVE THE DOOR JAMS.

**MAKE SURE AFTER YOU FIGURE OUT HOW YOU WANT TO RUN YOUR CABLES OUT OF YOUR ENGINE BAY YOU REMOVE DISCONNECT THEM. YOU DONT WANT THEM GROUNDING OUT ALL OVER YOUR CAR AND DAMAGING SOMETHING ELSE.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TOUCHING THE TERMINALS ON THE PLUG ON THE DOOR SIDE WITH A COUPLE OF WIRES POWERED BY A BATTERY IDENTIFY YOUR SPEAKER WIRES. WHEN YOU APPLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF POWER TO THE SPEAKER YOU WILL HEAR NOISE COME OUT OF THE SPEAKERS.

***MAKE SURE YOU ARE APPLYING POWER TO THE DOOR SIDE AND NOT THE CAR SIDE SENDING POWER BACK TO WHO KNOWS WHERE ON YOUR CAR. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DAMAGE YOUR BRAND NEW TRUCKS ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I NEVER WANT TO TAKE THIS APART AGAIN TO HAVE TO FIX IT SO WITHOUT CUTTING ANYTHING I SOLDERED A PAIR OF WIRES TO EACH SIDE AND RAN THOSE WIRES TO UNDER THE BACK SEAT.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE STEPS THE SAME AS ME YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED UNDER THE BACK SEAT TO MAKE YOUR AMP WORK.
1-MAIN POWER
2-GROUND
3-REMOTE POWER WIRE
4-RCA SOUND SIGNAL

THE ADDITIONAL BROWN CABLE YOU SEE HERE COMING OUT OF MY HI LOW SPEAKER LINE LEVEL CONVERTER IS THERE IN CASE YOU GET ENGINE NOISES. IF YOU DO THEN HOOK IT UP TO GROUND. IF NOT BE HAPPY.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.