Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned nothing but GM vehicles in the past 20 years. I recently sold my 2007 Classic HD 2500 Silverado and purchased 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab 4x4. It just turned 3000 miles and I must say, the base of the driver seat is very uncomfortable. It's as hard as a rock. I had no problem in my 2007, 2003 or 1996 Silverados previously. My wife drives a 2008 Yukon Denali XL and the seat is very comfortable. I've adjusted the seat every which way possible and can't get it right. I just returned today from a 200 mile long road trip and all I could think about was getting out of the truck because my rear end was killing me. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

Does the seat have the 10 way power adjustments?

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new truck >>> I think the '14's have memory foam in the seats and may take awhile to adjust to you ??? are they Leather or Cloth A friend has a chevy and he is about 250 lbs and no problem at all >>> and I know another chap who is only 160 lbs and I will ask him tomorrow how he finds the seats >>> I drove a 14 LTZ and found it very comfortable >>>

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't find the seats very comfortable in them either. I don't own one, but i'm a GM tech and i've driven about 20 of them. I prefer the seats like in your wife's yukon or the escalade seats (same seats).

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
I drove a 2014 silverado 2wd Texas edition as a loaner truck when mine was in the shop. only had it for 3 days. LOVED the way the seats were bolstered on the side, but after only 30 minutes of my commute to work, my rear end was killing me. Couldn't wait to get to where i was going. the seat bottoms are really hard in the 2014. nice and comfortable when you first sit in them, but its like the foam inside the seat is low quality and loses its cushion. of course these seats were cloth. not sure how the leather would feel though.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
OP, You might try one of those seat cushion for vehicles. My 13 Suburban with leather seats hurts my back during long drives but my 08 Sierra cloth seats are awesome, no issues with my back during long drives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have the 10 way adjustable seats and they are leather w/ AC perforation holes. The seat seems comfortable at first, but after 30 minutes you can't wait to get out of the truck. I wasn't going to post anything until I had at least 3000 miles on the truck and now I do. I don't mind trying a cushion but for $49k, I would hope for a comfortable seat.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
I have a 13 and at first the seat wasn't real comfortable. But I have a bad back and after I cranked the lumbar all the way out, I am good now. As for the bottom of the seat, I never had a problem with that.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
With 10 way power, I wonder if the seats could be accidentally mis-adjusted so the driver ends up feeling uncomfortable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am a new user to these seats as well, and I drive about 120 miles daily. I have about 800 miles on her so still very new, but I enjoy the way the seat feels. I would say they are firmer than my 2010. Not uncomfortable by any means, maybe they stiffened them up so they would hold up longer. Maybe some more arse time will help the OP's concerns and soften up a bit. :D

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'd suggest trying out more lumbar support. If you have the adjustable, without the lumbar further out you have a tendency to slouch and put too much pressure on your tailbone....i.e. a real pain in the @$$. I've experienced similar issues in my 2010, no fault of the vehicle, just my own bad posture.

Or the N3BS seats might just be uncomfortable, never sat in one for extended periods....

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the seats have dense foam in them to make them more sturdy. The ones in my 2003 are very soft and comfortable and I can be in the truck for 8-10 hours without a problem (they are leather, if that means anything). I've never been in a 2014 so I don't know how it feels. If you want, you could always trade them out for the aftermarket: http://www.discountvantruck.com/

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think the seats are great! I have driven over 16 hours to minnesota in it and it was great as well as couple other 4-5hour trips here and there. Mine aren't the perforated air cooled ones though. I think this truck is awesome!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did you drive the truck before you bought it? Kinda thing you'd know if the seat was uncomfortable after driving it.

Regardless, i find the seats in my Sierra to be quite plush. First thing a lot of people notice when they ride in it for the first time is how comfy the seats are and how quiet the cab is.

Go buy a dodge or a ford if you aren't satisfied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had my truck in for an oil change this past week and they gave me a 2014 Silverado with cloth seats as a loaner. The cloth seats were much more comfortable. I did put a 6" lift on my truck and it now sits much more level. Stock sits higher in the back. I wonder if this has anything to do with my seats being so uncomfortable?

·
Registered
237 Posts
rcoman30 said:
I had my truck in for an oil change this past week and they gave me a 2014 Silverado with cloth seats as a loaner. The cloth seats were much more comfortable. I did put a 6" lift on my truck and it now sits much more level. Stock sits higher in the back. I wonder if this has anything to do with my seats being so uncomfortable?
Well the lift is gonna make the truck ride a little rougher.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.