Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
A 2" level would leave you a little rake for towing, I believe. Since the 14's are still a little new here. A 2.5" level should leave your truck perfectly level, but your cv's joints would be at a little of a harsh angle. A 3" level is normally never recommend for this same reason of cv's being at a harsh angle, but would give you a little prerunner look. The only way I would recommend a 3" level, would be to do a diff drop, to level out your cv angles and you could only use a 3" top spacer or a 1" bottom and 2" top. Because your front axle comes in contact with spacer bolt with any lower spacer bigger than 1", when doing diff drop. (All this is infro. Is from nnbs trucks since the 14's are still being learned)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If you want it to sit perfectly level, measure the height of the fenders from the center of your wheels and find the difference. That difference is the size of levelling kit you will want. If you want to maintain some rake, subtract the amount of rake you want from the difference.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
09chevyman said:
A 2" level would leave you a little rake for towing, I believe. Since the 14's are still a little new here. A 2.5" level should leave your truck perfectly level, but your cv's joints would be at a little of a harsh angle. A 3" level is normally never recommend for this same reason of cv's being at a harsh angle, but would give you a little prerunner look. The only way I would recommend a 3" level, would be to do a diff drop, to level out your cv angles and you could only use a 3" top spacer or a 1" bottom and 2" top. Because your front axle comes in contact with spacer bolt with any lower spacer bigger than 1", when doing diff drop. (All this is infro. Is from nnbs trucks since the 14's are still being learned)
THIS^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.