Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Been having an issue where my truck will go nuts. The Infotainment screen will start beeping like I’m selecting channels or something similar, and the DIC will change from the speed screen to the audio screen.

I have to stop the truck and turn it off and back on to get it to quit.
Anyone have issues like this or know a possible solution to fix it? I’ll try to get a video next time it happens.

·
Administrator
7,559 Posts
Does your truck still have the OEM battery in it? Check all your grounds and battery cables for corrosion. These trucks hate weak batteries and grounding issues.

Reactions: roorancher

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,051 Posts
What does "confirmed tight" mean?
That's insufficient.
You really need to locate at least all the grounds, disconnect them, clean the terminal end of the cable and clean the chassis contact surface. Then you should peel back a little insulation on both the positive and negative main cabling, and see if they are corroding from within.
Very common.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,443 Posts
Reactions: mattdecker

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does "confirmed tight" mean?
That's insufficient.
You really need to locate at least all the grounds, disconnect them, clean the terminal end of the cable and clean the chassis contact surface. Then you should peel back a little insulation on both the positive and negative main cabling, and see if they are corroding from within.
Very common.
It means I have made sure they are tight. I’m not seeing how a ground could cause this. The screen stays on the whole time so I would think a loose power or ground would cause it to blink on and off as it connected.
Next time it happens I’ll try and get a video.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,051 Posts
It means I have made sure they are tight. I’m not seeing how a ground could cause this. The screen stays on the whole time so I would think a loose power or ground would cause it to blink on and off as it connected.
Next time it happens I’ll try and get a video.
Well if you don't see how a ground could cause this, you don"t know enough about these trucks. This is a common problem if you search the site.
Take the advice or not. Sometimes it's a process of elimination.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,443 Posts
Try checking the connections behind the glove boxes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
Been having an issue where my truck will go nuts. The Infotainment screen will start beeping like I’m selecting channels or something similar, and the DIC will change from the speed screen to the audio screen.

I have to stop the truck and turn it off and back on to get it to quit.
Anyone have issues like this or know a possible solution to fix it? I’ll try to get a video next time it happens.
The same thing has been happening on my 2017 Silverado 2500HD and both batteries have been replaced, the last about 2 years ago. It started as the DIC changing with that "pic" sound and now the Infortainment screen switches from the audio display to the Bluetooth screen. My thoughts are that the touchsceen is going bad but I would sure like to get an answer here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts