Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After over a month of looking all over WA, OR, ID, and Northern CA for my perfect truck that I wanted to buy I finally gave up and decided to order exactly what I wanted. On 10/16 I ordered the truck with a $2k non refundable deposit. On 10/22 I get a call from the dealer saying my check was returned NSF which I say is not possible due to plenty of funds in the account. They want me to come in and see them to give them money. I got irritated and told them I will not come in, this is not my issue and to re-run the check. Was told they could not re-run the check. Checked with the bank and was told that check was never even been attempted to be run. Called the dealer back and after some bickering back and forth they said finance would be in on Monday (this was Friday night) to look into it. Three days later the same check finally cleared no issues. I am going to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and go with being some strange coincidence but I am always suspicious when it comes to stealerships.

The next week I am called and told that GM is having some power rear sliding window supplier issues and my truck would not be coming with it. I informed them that it is not acceptable and I will wait for the right truck to be built. I have read multiple reports on GM having engine supplier issues, axle supplier issues but this rear window slider supplier issue is new one for me. Is anyone else having troubles getting the truck they have ordered? or getting calls mid process saying things have changed? Also the order number I was given so I could track my order on the GM website has yet to work (been almost 3 weeks now).

I have never done this process before and just wondering if all these headaches are normal. I thought it would be a straight forward process. Check some boxes....wait some time...and your dream truck arrives. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
When you plan to spend that much money it ought to be that simple. Sorry to hear about your problems. I have never gone through that process. Maybe since they have so many sitting on the lots everywhere that aren't selling, they want you to get a case of the f* its and just get one off the lot. Hope it works out for you and sorry I am no help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for getting involved Jessica.
Was just at the dealer again today and was told there was no one available to help me. Told to wait for someone more familiar with the issue to come in this afternoon that could help me.
Who knew spending close to $50k was so hard to do.
On a side note I managed to find a GMC Sierra that looks to be almost exactly what I am looking for about 1.5hr drive away. For less money too. Sure they would be happy to get my money.
Thanks for the responses guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.