Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have a 2015 LT2/Z71 1500 All Star edition. It has what appear to be old school Halogen headlamps and housings. However I see '15 LTZ's have projector's? Anybody know what bulb's are in the projector's on the LTZ's? Also would be interested in knowing if my LT2 has the harness required to install the LTZ projector housings directly without significant harness mods? Anybody tried this?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
190 Posts
bksbigdogdoug said:
The projectors use a standard H11 halogen bulb. If you do this upgrade, do yourself a favor and use a HID system. These projectors suck with the halogens.
I got a set of projector housings from a bone yard fairly cheap. How do they do with LED bulbs?

· Registered
887 Posts
I like the LED's better than the halogens, but I only went that route because I did not want to make any modifications to my truck with it being a lease. If I owned the truck outright, I would go with an HID system.

If you check out my topics, I have the installation and before/after of LED's in the projectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.