Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam looking to install a amp under my rear seat and connect it to the factory radio. I saw that there is a factory upgrade with amp and sub that just plugs into the harness under the rear passenger side seat. Does anyone know if this plug is there and could I pull from there to get my audio to a lc2i audio controller or to the speaker input on a amp?

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
My 2014 did not have any harnesses under rear seats. I also don't have the Bose option. You can access the speaker wires at the radio or under the door sill plate not pictured. The speaker wires are the only twisted pair passing thru door sill.

Attachments

· Registered
168 Posts
If you have the Bose amp, it is located behind the passenger side backseat. That's where the people with Bose amps are tapping into. If not, then do what Rambodog said. I installed the Lc2i in my truck (non Bose) and tapped into the rear speaker wires from inside the B-pillars then ran wires under rear door sills to the back of the cab. For me, there just wasn't enough wiggle room under the door sills to install the T-Taps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.