Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this itchy scratchy noise that happens at lower speeds going over bumps on the driver's side of my truck, It sounds like it is near the windshield past the steering column. (1) I have removed the lower panel and tightened the screws that back out. (2) I removed the left and right plastic pieces and then the front dash piece that hides the tweeters to see if that was it. Nothing. (3) I pawed around the engine bay touching everything to see if it was in there. Nothing.

The sound is driving me crazy.

Yes my seat clicks when I turn sometimes and that is also annoying!

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,053 Posts
Yeah...the seat on my 15 clicks in turns too. But the chirp is really something you should be concerned with. It's a tell-tale sign of a bad or spinning AFM lifter.

You should search the site. There's lots of info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...the seat on my 15 clicks in turns too. But the chirp is really something you should be concerned with. It's a tell-tale sign of a bad or spinning AFM lifter.

You should search the site. There's lots of info.
That scratchy noise is annoying.

Appreciate the info. Doing a lot of reading here helps. I just had the AC condenser replaced as well. AC quit blowing. Thankfully, I had that covered under an extended warranty ($750). Where I bought this truck it has warranty coverage for life on the powertrain, so I might be good if that is the AFM lifter. Oil changes for life for free also which is nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts