Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Facebook marketplace can sometimes be pretty good. But right now it's kinda hard to find realistic sellers when it comes to price.

Some people put realistic prices on their trucks, and other are outrageously high, even in today's market. For an example, I bought my 2015 High Country Duramax back in December of 2019 and it had 57k miles on it. Crew cab short bed truck, 4wd. So basically the highest priced trim and configuration. I paid just under $45k for it before my trade in.

And that was at a dealer. Fast forward to today, I see basically the same truck selling like hot cakes for well over $50k, with way more miles. A sub 75k mile loaded diesel in good shape is an easy $50k or more. I've seen several sell for $60k. The L5P trucks are going for $50k+ in the blink of an eye.

And I see people buying the 2020+ trucks, used, for practically MSRP.
Prices must be sliding, since I have been actively looking the last week I have noticed an increase in price reductions, maybe a not too old 3500h may be possible after all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can anyone shed light on why I am seeing trucks that are 5-7 years old, look in reasonably good shape but only have 15-25k on the odo? Immediately I think that it has spent more time on a lift than on the road or some other reason why they didnt drive it. I realize that some people may buy them for weekends or whatever but there are a lot of them listed so I feel compelled to ask.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,610 Posts
Some people just don't drive that much. And used, but low mileage trucks sell fast usually and for a good price (for the seller).

I generally put around 10-12k a year on my trucks. But I know guys who barely break 5k a year

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not sure yet, I think he said diesel but am still trying to find out where to look it over. I was looking at a backhoe I am interested in buying and am wondering if I might be barking up the wrong tree with a pickup. The unit is about 24' long and weighs north of 14k#'s, that doesnt take the trailer weight into account either. I have decided I wont be buying a dump truck or other commercial type vehicle to haul the equipment around due to the requirement to register as commercial and get commercial insurance not too mention the hassle that cops give too these types of setups and my wife wanting to drive it as well. I may have to look for a smaller backhoe which will save me money and right now I dont do the heavy type of work that this machine is built for. If I recall I think you mentioned that the 2500 is rated at 13k towing capacity (is that with diesel or gas?) what would the 3500 be rated at? This is the tough part of the process, doing the homework and determining the right mix of equipment and then finding everything at a reasonable cost. Any ideas/suggestions on sites where I can look for a truck preferably owner sellers that would be great. All I am seeing are dealership ads and you know they are jacking the price up.
Got the skinny on the vehicle, this is via a voicemail...Its a 2012 Denali 2500HD, 70k, black on black, says fully loaded and he wants $50k...I nearly soiled myself when I heard that, based on what i am seeing and I am looking online and cruising dealerships several times a week and a truck like that is 30-32k at best. So I keep searching.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have been seeing late model dualies and they appeal to me as a truck made to haul equipment and supplies, they look cool and as I wouldnt drive daily I wont get killed me on fuel. The model years I am seeing within my price range are from around 2008 to 2012/14 mostly the 3500HD, not sure if I saw a 2500HD. What are your thoughts on these?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quick update: Still searching havent quite found the right ride yet. Hoping the fall or spring will see a bit of price relief and better selection.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts