Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
New 2017 Silverado 1500 WT. Seat is very tight in the track with no looseness at all.

For the non-power std seat: The seat is bolted to the slider rails with one 13mm bolt at each front corner and two 13 mm bolts at each rear corner.

Is the looseness in seat to slider connection or the slider to track connection?

· Servicemen, AutoTech
1,070 Posts
mine fell out. guess I should've taken it to the dealer and let them look at it cause now they won't cover it.

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i took mine to the dealer for them to service and do the recall. when they looked at the seat they said there was nothing wrong so I will just go in and tighten myself. the problem seems to get worse over time

· Registered
887 Posts
There is a TSB on the '14 and '15s for this particular issue. I had it fixed under warranty and it has not returned. I believe they add clips to the seat bottom and lube the seat track. There is also a topic with a homemade fix using a hose clamp, might want to search for it.

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
I would go to a different dealership, cause it is a known issue and people are getting it fixed. The fix may or may not be working, but the point is they identify it and attempt to fix. Not look at you like your an idiot.

· Registered
8 Posts
I had the problem with my 14 and now I have the same issue with my 16. The dealer says the parts are totally different on the 16 and that there is no fix. It took a long time last time, and multiple visits to the dealership before I found the bulletin on this site and provided it to the dealer. " like they couldn't find it".... Two seat tracks and some shims and clips later it was fixed. When I brought it this time, they told me to wait until it got worse.....I understand though, it was only a $53000 truck. Any suggestions?

· Registered
137 Posts
yep . started about 1k mi. side to side . guees i will get it fixed with the other recalls ,,
air bag , 4+4 mod. , tires , gages , front air damp., elec., good old GM ....guess they think people don't have anything else to do but fix thier mistakes . LOL

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
They "looked" at mine too during a visit for recall work and said they see no issue and cannot replicate it. It's a 14 and a well known issue and a bulletin exists on it yada yada yada. It only happens on a turn into say a gas station parking lot with an apron that has an incline off the main road. That will cause the click or pop and I can feel it too in my butt and left leg mostly. Hope the seat belt can hold me and the seat in an event :shock:

· Registered
1,562 Posts
This WILL fix it. I haven't had a single click or shift since putting these on and you won't have to waste any time at the dealership for them to tell you they can't replicate it or to add some shims and hope it stops
IMG_5281.PNG

IMG_5282.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.