Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I searched the forums and Youtube, found what I believe is the answer.

Stock ride height for 2017 Silverado for:
rear: 39 inches
front: 36 inches and some change. ( what I have read and seen it varies)

Is this accurate info?

If so, my new to me Silverado is sitting at 39 inches, front and rear. So mine has been leveled.. I know that you can level it with spacers( easiest) or front struts and springs (hardest). Mine does not show spacers in the front so I am assuming it is the springs that have been changed. Is there a way to tell? The shocks look original looking as the amount of wear that is on them.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Chief

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
There could be a spacer on top of the strut or it could be a lift strut or coil over. I don't know of any coil spring replacement to lift.
Bilstein, belltech and eibach all make lift struts that fit that truck. I'd look to see what the strut says.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I concur with Daly, if you can't see any spacers on the bottom of the strut, it could either have a spacer on the top of the strut, a "lift strut," or new coilover.
It is possible to lift the front end of the truck with a new spring only on your stock struts, but it wouldn't give you ~2.5 inches of lift, even with a much higher spring rate. It's also a much more involved process to do it that way, and would require some knowledge of spring rate, dimensions, and where to buy that specific spring.

Reactions: Chief

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at other things that were done on this truck, by the previous owner, everything looks factory to this point. I will see if I can get some more info and post back. Maybe I can try and get some pictures so everyone can see what I am seeing. Maybe I am missing it, which is possible.

Chief

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
It would be pretty obvious if it had either style level kit on it.

You would either have a U shaped block under the strut like the aluminum one here on mine

Or you would have a 1-2" spacer on the top of the strut and the coil would be sitting below the frame "cup" mount. Way lower than mine here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THIE RIGHT HERE!! I have the "U" shaped spacer on mine, I missed it for sure!!! thanks for the pictures, they helped tremendously!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts