Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had something happen for the first time to me today on my 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500. When I got into the truck the infotainment screen just stays on the startup Chevy bow tie and Chevrolet screen, does not open up any of the screen options. The only time the screen attempts and does change is when I put the truck in reverse and the rear camera comes up. I've tried to reset the screen, by pressing the home and forward button for 10 seconds and did nothing. I also tried running Bluetooth radio thru and nothing seems to unlock it. Any ideas? The only thing I haven't done is a battery disconnect, which is almost rocket science with these new trucks. I did have a dead battery a few days ago, but this just started today. Also it stays on even if the truck is shutoff and I open the door, I have to open and close the door a second time before it goes black.
Thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport Plant Personal luxury car

·
Administrator
5,912 Posts
It's still under warranty, right? Maybe take it to the dealer just so they can document the problem. Then try disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado RST
280 Posts
I read somewhere that there is a software update on this very thing. May be worth a visit to the dealer to insure it doesn't repeat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts