Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 GMC SIerra All Terrain C.C. 4x4 5.3
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time it is only $10 for 5 qts of standard synthetic and only 2 rebates per household.

https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/pro ... ogram-2020

I just checked the list of retailers and Walmart is not on the list. Not sure if they were or were not on previous rebate's list...but that is who I have used a number of times.

·
Registered
424 Posts
They have always sent my rebates with a Walmart receipt.

·
Registered
542 Posts
This is great timing, I was planning to do an oil change this weekend.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
As always, that list of retailers is funny as hell. :lol: Most of them sound like your local parts store in the middle of nowhere. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Yah, last two years I have bought my oil at Walmart and got the rebates no problem.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
You get $12 for the more expensive oil. The extended performance and High mileage oils are normally more expensive than the straight synthetics.

By the way, if you were over 100K on the odometer, would you start using the high mileage version vs the standard synthetic Mobil1??
What about extended performance??

·
Premium Member
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mobil one high mileage is usually $22-25 at walmart and you get $12 off per 5at jug. The extended performance that goes for a year or something is more and those are $15 rebate per jug.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
esox07 said:
By the way, if you were over 100K on the odometer, would you start using the high mileage version vs the standard synthetic Mobil1??
What about extended performance??
Haven't used the EP as I'm an old-school guy who does his oil changes every 6-8K miles, regardless of what it says on the jug.

I have tried the high mileage and haven't seen any difference on anything vs. standard synthetic. It's always been the same dark stuff that comes out and consumption hasn't increased or decreased (usually add about a quart between oil changes).

Then again, my truck has 255K miles, so it probably wouldn't even matter what I put in there. :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered two jugs of Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage for the truck from Walmart. They have them for $22.88 each. Plus tax came to $24.31 per jug but after rebate of $10 each they will be $14.31 per jug.

I order them online...have them shipped to the house (free when over $35) and when I get them delivered, I can go online and take a screen grab of the paid and delivered receipt and upload for the rebate.

Just wish it was still 4 rebates so I could stock up for my wifes car too.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
I just picked up my two jugs of Mobil1 and submitted the rebate online. I have to figure out a way to get another 2 jug rebate now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
esox07 said:
I just picked up my two jugs of Mobil1 and submitted the rebate online. I have to figure out a way to get another 2 jug rebate now.
All you gotta do is put it in a friends or a families name and have it sent to them. Most people I know don't use it.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
If I do that, I am sure I will never see the rebate. Hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,232 Posts
Well placed my order for two jugs and also got a 2 filter pack to save a few bucks rather than buying them individually. To deliver to my home they were estimating a deliver date in late April early May so I opted to pick up in store. Picked up in store on my lunch break today.

And here comes the rookie mistake

Get back to work and open the package (was greyish and non see through) with the oil filters to inspect and they had two different sizes in it. geez

·
Premium Member
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My oil showed up yesterday. Box was a bit damaged since they are a little on the heavy side and they did not add sufficient packing to prevent them from flopping around. But the bottles were ok.

I submitted my receipt for the rebate this afternoon. There was no option for the electronic delivery this time as they had been doing...so I guess they will mail a check.

I ordered them on the 8th and they arrived yesterday the 16th. I had to wait until they showed delivered to send off the rebate image. Last time they rejected it since it was not delivered. I guess you could order them then cancel and not actually buy them or something. But I could also easily take them back to the store as well. Not that I would...I need the oil! haha.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Neal, I think you get a VISA gift card for the rebate.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts