Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Trail Boss with 5k miles, had 2 major service issues at 3k miles. At very cold morning start up it was idling really rough and ESC, Parking Brake & Check Engine lights came on. Closest shop was a GMC dealer, they said it had a bad injector and replaced them all. Less than a week later same thing happened plus loud engine knock and loss of power under load. Chevrolet dealer said bad lifter, replaced all lifters, a bent rod, seals, bolts, lines, etc.
now I'm at 5k miles, cold morning, rough idling and all the same lights came on again...
Any ideas WTH is going on???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but I would try and get them to buy that thing back and get something else. Maybe try and get them to replace the whole engine. Got some major issues.

-Kurt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the most recent service (4th) and a thorough inspection they discovered a missing clamp on a air intake line that was causing a lean condition that was triggering the warning lights.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
wow...all these computers and sensors can help a truck to get good hp and decent MPG, but they can also cause some strange problems

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
So are they saying that caused all the issues? One more and I would be asking for a new truck. Do you have a lemon law there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im worried about my brand new 2021 Trail Boss as well.

Not even on first oil change and getting a similar issue.
My truck would light up like an xmas tree. Trailer brake, traction control, ABS, ESC, check engine.

It is at the dealer now while I am in a brand new loaner pickup (took a call to corporate to get it) and I am hoping its nothing major.
Sad thing is my brand new loaner might be having issues too!!! When I put it in 4wd it makes some very atrocious sounds and I have to take it back out.

Chevy quality control is shit apparently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are your manufacture dates? I want to compare to mine. I am at 1350 miles but no issues so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer called just now.

They said a rear wheel speed sensor went bad and it was the cause of all the trouble.
So if that is all it was no big deal.
Xing fingers they fixed it right!

Heading to dealer to pick up the truck in the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody, names Nick I'm having this same issue on my '21 Trail Boss. It was kind of feeling like it was stuttering about a month ago but it went away.
It has had a sort of hunching feeling for the last 2 days and finally on my way to work the esc and parking brake service imediately came on followed by what I am certain to be misfiring. I got off the highway and the truck continued to idle really rough for a couple of minutes and then it went back to normal. I thought maybe it was the sudden 102 and 103 temperature days here in Utah but now I'm unsure if I chose the right vehicle to purchase. Will call dealer tomorrow and post updates as I get them.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Although I would be highly upset to have issues with a brand new 40-70k truck too they are going to have bugs to work out so to speak.

speed sensor fine, but bent rods? I have seen a lot of that lately on these newer trucks and suvs.. its pretty ridiculous

hopefully you get yours fixed too nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2021 trail boss from rotolo in fontana . What a mistake this thing is a pile of shit. only 1000 miles on it and its in for service for almost a month and they still cant tell me why this pile of crap is misfiring and jerking but no CEL or any indication something wrong . Other than it runs like shit and cant be driven safely they have no clue why its messed up. Since i bought this truck its spent more time at the dealers than in my driveway. Stay clear of all GM trucks and many cars they have lost the ability to monitor there quality control and they are spitting out garbage vehicles.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
these are the reasons i would never buy a truck built during covid issues. qc is way down, across many brands and many industries

1 - 16 of 16 Posts