Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Amp steps 76255-01A for my truck, 2023 AT4 3.0 and I am to the step to wire in the white and blue wires.
under the dash the, the light grey connector should have a light green/grey stripe wire located in pin 29 but no luc
The light green connector should have a green/yellow stripe wire located in pin 19 but no luck.
has anyone done this?

· Registered
8 Posts
Compré Amp Steps 76255-01A para mi camioneta, 2023 AT4 3.0 y estoy en el paso para cablear los cables blanco y azul.
debajo del tablero, el conector gris claro debe tener un cable con una raya verde/gris claro ubicado en el pin 29 pero sin luz
El conector verde claro debe tener un cable con franjas verde/amarilla ubicado en el pin 19, pero no hubo suerte.
¿Alguien ha hecho esto?
[/CITA]
Tengo el mismo problema..
how did you solve it?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did you solve it?
under the dash there are 8-9 plugs like 5 on one side and 6 on the other. The plugs you want are on the left side bank. The grey plug and the light blue one, the wire colors are right but not the placement in the plug. If I new how to upload pictures I would show you but the 01a steps work on my truck

· SilveradoSierra Guru
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
3,118 Posts
It's pretty easy to post pics, at least from a desktop computer.

You can drag n drop pic files directly into the text entry area, and the pic will be automatically uploaded to the site and inserted into the post in that spot.
There's also an "Attachment" button/icon in the row below the text entry area, you can click on that, then select the pic to upload and insert into the post.
You can also copy the image from a graphics program (or elsewhere) and then paste the pic into the post (where it gets uploaded and inserted into the post).

· Registered
8 Posts
under the dash there are 8-9 plugs like 5 on one side and 6 on the other. The plugs you want are on the left side bank. The grey plug and the light blue one, the wire colors are right but not the placement in the plug. If I new how to upload pictures I would show you but the 01a steps work on my truck
if it asks to find the cables, what I don't know is where to connect them in the OBD port

· Registered
'06 LBZ 4wd Crew HD GMT800 Longbed
74 Posts
Were the mounting holes already located (from GM's factory) beneath the cabin for installing the AMP steps motor & hinge assembly ?

How much shipped with sales tax were the AMP steps ?

Local Line-X dealer quoted me $1700 installed out the door for Amp steps on my '06 Crew K-3500

Thanks !!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Were the mounting holes already located (from GM's factory) beneath the cabin for installing the AMP steps motor & hinge assembly ?

How much shipped with sales tax were the AMP steps ?

Local Line-X dealer quoted me $1700 installed out the door for Amp steps on my '06 Crew K-3500

Thanks !!
No idea on a 2006

· Registered
2022 Silverado 1500 CC Z71 w/ LM2
1,492 Posts
Not sure if this was ever resolved but I just installed a set on my '22 Refresh with the 3.0.

The OBDII plug that was sent with mine had 4 wires. Two purple wires that connect to the step wiring harness and the blue and white wires that go to the BCM. Unless the '23 is different than the '22, the wires are indeed there and in the right location. If I remember right, on the light green connector, there are two green/yellow stripe wires. Because there are so many wires in a small space, it took me a second to find them.

@nealinator , I thought the same thing and I wondered why my OBDII plug had 4 wires so I called Amp to confirm and they said I needed to connect all wires.. The purples wires are power wires and the blue and white wires are signal wires.

Edit: I just looked at instructions for the K2 trucks and those just had the OBDII plug and no additional wiring outside of the power wires at the battery.

· Mmbr Extraordinaire SS-Guru How-To-Author TOTM
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 LC9 211k mi
17,451 Posts
I need to know the part number because they sent me the wrong one
I am sure @Mossyoakglock will send you info when he gets back on here, but you have been asking about this for a month now. Why not just give Amp Research a call and get it sorted out if they sent the wrong item, I am sure they will rectify the situation. But the more time that goes by, the less likely they will be to help without you paying out of pocket.

· Registered
2022 Silverado 1500 CC Z71 w/ LM2
1,492 Posts
I'll see if I can get an easy picture of my OBDII plug and the part number on it. I used the pass-through harness so I still have an open port and I tucked all the wires behind some panels so they are hidden.

If your plug has a blue wire, white wire, purple wire and purple/black wire it should be the right plug. As I said earlier unless the '23 BCM wiring is different than the '22 refresh, all wires should be where the instructions say they are. It's tight with all the wires and space. You will have to cut some of the cloth wire loom off so be careful.

But I would call Amp as soon as possible. The two times I called during my install to verify stuff they were super helpful and answered right away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts