Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 Silverado 1500 CC 4x4 5.3L
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any ideas on what potential changes might happen for the 2023MY Silverado 1500?

I'm ordering a 1500 LTZ and was going to order Silver but they have reached production limit for the '22 Silverado in silver. I would have to either order white to get a '22 or wait until they start production on the '23MY to get silver.

My dealer hasn't been able to confirm 100% on changes but he thinks there will likely be a price increase as well.

One article said there will likely be a center console layout change along with new front/rear fascia design/slits.

So, does anybody know or hear rumors of possible changes to the 2023MY Silverado? I really like the interior of the '22 and don't want to take a chance of change to the interior/exterior along with not knowing how much of a price increase is likely on 2023.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one of the articles I came across. I also found this one.

Not much in specifics in either article but probably a little too early to know.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Any updates on possible changes? On another forum the 3.0 is getting a new RPO designation but is there anything else known? This is something else I found....

The LZ0 will replace the previous 3.0 I6 LM2 engine, and will deliver the same performance, but have improved emissions and fuel economy.

Does anybody know what these improved emissions and fuel economy will be?

Also heard that there are constraints and that they are no longer building any 22MY with the 3.0 right now and they will be designated a '23? I just want to make sure I'm getting what I ordered. I did get in writing what the price for the truck would be out-the-door but still worried about 23MY pricing increases.

I really hope there are not many cosmetic changes (interior/exterior) to the new MY. I really like the center console shifter on the new trucks which is one of the main reasons I went ahead and ordered.

·
Registered
Gustafson
404 Posts
Any updates on possible changes? On another forum the 3.0 is getting a new RPO designation but is there anything else known? This is something else I found....

The LZ0 will replace the previous 3.0 I6 LM2 engine, and will deliver the same performance, but have improved emissions and fuel economy.

Does anybody know what these improved emissions and fuel economy will be?

Also heard that there are constraints and that they are no longer building any 22MY with the 3.0 right now and they will be designated a '23? I just want to make sure I'm getting what I ordered. I did get in writing what the price for the truck would be out-the-door but still worried about 23MY pricing increases.

I really hope there are not many cosmetic changes (interior/exterior) to the new MY. I really like the center console shifter on the new trucks which is one of the main reasons I went ahead and ordered.

Funny, it seems that is a love it or hate it thing.... :LOL:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was hoping, now just to find out more information on this LZ0. I really hope my 22MY order w/ 3.0 LM2 gets picked and started soon.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I placed the order they said it's roughly 8-12 weeks but now with the change-over, who knows. This is my first vehicle I've ordered so this is all new to me. Heck, this will be only the third truck I've ever owned.

Drove a '95 S-10 w/ 4.3 manual trans for 8 years all through highschool and college (purchased in 2000) and then my recently sold 2008 Silverado 1500 that I bought new and drove 14 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts