Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,671 Posts
Not sure how it would ride but it sure would look ricey with 24" wheels.

· Registered
477 Posts
The ride will be a bite more stiff, your acceleration and slow down will suffer due the weight of the wheels/tires.

It won't be far off from stock, it ll feel a bit more planted (less sway), but more body roll. Maybe look at 22s with 285/40?

Also this forum is more "33s/35s/40s/45s/50s etc on leveling kits and biggest tires under stock height"..

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,671 Posts
Ahh so you are going for the ricer look. Good choice then.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,671 Posts
Yes sir!

· Registered
477 Posts
Matt_riley said:
I've thought about 22's but I like the look of the bigger wheel. My truck is also lowered, so I think the bigger wheel matches what I'm going for

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How much are you lowered? With a static drop, 24s dont make the truck look lowered unless you are 6/8 or 5/7. That's my opinion, I'm 5/6 on 22s and it definitely looks lowered.

Also depending on how much you are lowered, you ll need a skinnier tire, with that, goes your ride quality.

· Registered
1 Posts
I ran a 285/40/24 on my Yukon Denali back in 07 cant remember the offset now, but that was at stock height. If you are set on the 24's, I'd look into running a 40's series on it if at all possible. I've looked at 26" rims for my truck, but I would have to be in the 30-35"s series for sure and we have some of the worst roads, so not an option for me...Good luck..

· Registered
860 Posts
The ride will stiffen up. You will have way less side wall deflection, and not as much meat on the tired to absorb the bumps. If you are lowered, you'll feel it a smidge more.. but I like to say you have to give up a little bit of comfort to the gods of cool every once in awhile. I'm lowered 2/3 and noticed a difference switching from 20s to 22s. The ride was stiffer, but handled much better due to less tire wall sway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.