Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, curious if there are any of you out there running the 285/55R20 BFG T/A KO. What are your thoughts on the tire, snow performance, road noise etc.. Also, anyone running this tire on a stock half ton with no rubbing?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great question! I was just going to post a similar question...

I was wondering if a 285 would fit on a stock 20" rim and also if I could run a 285/55/20 with a 1" leveling kit.

I'll be watching this thread for ideas and answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CabinDweller, I was impatiently awaiting and got no responses so I went for it and installed them. The tires have a fraction of rub on the mudflap when turning if you didn't want to trim I'm sure you could hammer it out and be fine without any lift. I have a 2.5" RC leveling kit in the mail to alleviate this problem. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They certainly aren't cheap, I think I paid $378 ea. No pictures as of yet, we are in the midst of a heavy snowstorm now hopefully next weekend I'll be able to take some pictures with and without the lift.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
They are probably some of the best looking tires IMO, especially white letters out! My only complaint is their snow performance, but I ran them on a RCSB, so the light weight of the truck may have something to do with that too...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just had a storm of the ages, 20' drifts in some places I found they performed to my expectation and beyond. They did have troubles on the slicker stuff and ice I found however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.