Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
Super pumped. I pick up my '23 LTZ 3.0L Duramax w/ Max Tow on Saturday! It is indeed a bit of a unicorn as no dealer's buy them to stock on their lots. My order was placed November 8, with a TPW of Jan 2, 2023. GM hit their target at the Fort Wayne plant and got the truck built and shipped pretty quickly.

I bought the truck to tow our 6000 lb travel trailer for the summer. The past three years we've gotten into long (4 week) summer roadtrips hauling the trailer around Ontario and out to Nova Scotia. My current 2015 Silverado with the 5.3L works, but if you have any sense of mechanical sympathy, you'll realize it's working a bit too hard sometimes! I'm just outside of Toronto and won't be able to report back on towing my 6000lb travel trailer until May, but I do hope to be able to report back positive reviews about other stuff in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for posting throughout the years - I agonized for months over what to order to solve my summer roadtrip hauling issue and many of the posts on this site, and others like it, have proved invaluable. Cheers to you all and Happy Trucking!
Welcome!

Good deal, Post some pics of the new ride and good luck with it.

· Registered
120 Posts
Super pumped. I pick up my '23 LTZ 3.0L Duramax w/ Max Tow on Saturday! It is indeed a bit of a unicorn as no dealer's buy them to stock on their lots. My order was placed November 8, with a TPW of Jan 2, 2023. GM hit their target at the Fort Wayne plant and got the truck built and shipped pretty quickly.

I bought the truck to tow our 6000 lb travel trailer for the summer. The past three years we've gotten into long (4 week) summer roadtrips hauling the trailer around Ontario and out to Nova Scotia. My current 2015 Silverado with the 5.3L works, but if you have any sense of mechanical sympathy, you'll realize it's working a bit too hard sometimes! I'm just outside of Toronto and won't be able to report back on towing my 6000lb travel trailer until May, but I do hope to be able to report back positive reviews about other stuff in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for posting throughout the years - I agonized for months over what to order to solve my summer roadtrip hauling issue and many of the posts on this site, and others like it, have proved invaluable. Cheers to you all and Happy Trucking!
Congratulation! Your are going to love the max tow package. I have never driven an LM2 but my last truck was a F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost and was a great truck with great power until I hitched my 6,000 lb trailer to it. You understand that story and what I really got tired of was 6-7 mpg of gas when towing and the engine was working hard.

I am amazed at the power this LZ0 has and when you push the go pedal it moves and you can feel the power. Can't wait to finish braking mine in and hook the trailer up for a run.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts