Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
Shopping for: Silverado 1500 w/ LM2 & Tow packages. Current: 2004 Element, 2010 Sienna
32 Posts
Guess it is not to be. Dealer just called me and said the 6.2 and 3.0 were on constraints. The color I ordered, Quicksilver, is no longer available. I cancelled the order.
Sorry to hear you cancelled. But what does "on constraints" mean? An indeterminable delay to completing the build?

· Registered
780 Posts
Means the "parts" are not available. So guessing they are temporary out of parts to assemble complete engines.
Doesn't always mean none are available.

Constraint can also mean they are building them at the max rate they can -- but the orders (demand) is at a higher rate. The orders are constrained and are being divided up to different dealers by whatever method GM uses.

We do know that the LM2 changes to the LZO for 2023 model.
It's also possible that LM2's are no longer available to order because the have a planned stop production at some point to make tooling and equipment changes for the new version of 3.0L. They may already have taken enough orders to use all the LM2's being built before they stop for change.

· Registered
2022 Silverado 1500 CC Z71 w/ LM2
1,570 Posts
I put in an order for a '22 Silverado LTZ with 3.0 last week. The Ordering Manager at my dealer did say that the 3.0 trucks are taking a little longer to pick up. After hearing what some of you have said, do you think it's likely this order will be picked up soon or will it be designated a 2023?

When I ordered it last week, they said the same thing about silver so I ordered white. They said I could order white now or wait three weeks (now 2 weeks) when they start building '23s if I wanted silver.

· Registered
2023 GMC SIERRA SLT, 3.0 LZ0
16 Posts
I got mine in January of 2022. I've just hit 6,000 miles, used about 5.5 gallons of DEF. I'm getting incredible mileage for a full-sized truck with a few hundred pounds of tools in the back at all times, but I'm not hitting 30mpg. My highest seems to be about 26.5. It's still pretty cold in NY, I'm wondering if I can do 1-2 mpg better in the nice warm weather.

In my gas Silverado I used to get excited if I went 400 miles on a full tank. Now I'm getting excited to see 550, for the first time in my life I can fuel up once per week like most folks do.

The guys hitting 30mpg, I'm wondering if your average speeds are a little lower? Here it's either slow traffic 10-20mph or it's 75-85mph on the highway, no real in-between. I think I'm just not getting the chance to do a decent distance in that 50-60mph sweet spot.

The only way I know I'm in a regen cycle is due to the slight change in exhaust tone. (it actually sounds badass) Once I smelled the "pig piss" when I suddenly had to come to an emergency stop on a highway in Vermont, but all the other times I've been moving and never so much as caught a whiff.

I think I'm most impressed with the transmission, it shifts as smooth as a Lexus LX470 I had back in the day.

I really have no complaints, but if I was forced to complain about something, it's that damn oil pressure gauge. In my engineering days we went by criteria for gauge sizing, a gauge was supposed to be sized according to a percentage above it's designed maximum and below it's minimum. Choosing a gauge with a 0-120psi range on a vehicle whose normal operating pressure is 30psi is completely ridiculous, and someone would have lost their job..... No driving enthusiast would be content with this gauge, I constantly look down thinking my oil pressure is low.
My 2023 GMC SIERRA SLT with the LZ0 gets the following: 30-55 mph ~ 30 mpg; 55-70 mph ~ 25.5 mpg; >70 mph ~ 23.5 mpg. My engine has just over 1000 miles and I live at 7500’.

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm seeing identical mpg stats as NM TRUCKER posted in my 2023 Chevy 1500 RST 4x4 LZO max trailer package. I live basically at sea level. I have about 800 miles so far on the truck. Great truck, glad I decided on it. Very pleased so far. Wish I would have gotten the diesel in my wife's Tahoe too!

· Registered
3.0 Diesel RST 4X4 Silverado Crew Cab
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I should report that I had some issues with the crank, no-start condition but that I notified the dealership and they did the ECM update about 2k miles ago- truck is now at about 16k. It now cranks longer but starts unfailingly as others seem to have experienced with the LM2 and this issue.

Got about 24 mpg in mostly highway driving last tank but that's pretty good for cold conditions with some snow/ice driving.

· Registered
2023 GMC SIERRA SLT, 3.0 LZ0
16 Posts
FWIW, GM engineer said in a video interview that the delay before crank is 4ths (0.4) of a second longer.
Tim of Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk interviewed the assistant chief engineer (John Barta?) for the LM2 and LZ0 diesel. This 30 minute interview addresses the No crank issue as well as the new aspects of the LZ0 diesel. For anyone out there interested in the 3 liter diesel this interview is worth the time to listen to.

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
Tim of Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk interviewed the assistant chief engineer (John Barta?) for the LM2 and LZ0 diesel. This 30 minute interview addresses the No crank issue as well as the new aspects of the LZ0 diesel. For anyone out there interested in the 3 liter diesel this interview is worth the time to listen to.
That was a good interview.

Reactions: NMTRUCKER
21 - 33 of 33 Posts