Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a flowmaster super 10 for my truck, and when I told the shop that i wanted a rear axle dump, they advised me that it will be cheaper to just use my existing piping, so that's the route I took, and to be honest I'm glad I did, as the super 10 is a fairly loud muffler and having a rear axle dump will increase noise in the cab. Something to consider at least

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you like to see a shiny chrome or stainless tip out the back, then a 32 inch or pre axle dump is a con, but then again so is having to clean the tip constantly to keep it shiny. Other then that, I have experienced no cons with it. The pros....well it's a bit louder, little deeper rumble, and no tip to keep clean. No fumes in the cab either. And with a hack saw or sawzall it's a free mod.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much louder are we talking? because my truck sounds like a car unless I am right beside the muffler. I wish I knew someone that has done this so I could hear it in person. I don't want annoying loud I just want I nice rumble when I hit the gas hard

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
The 32 DUMP CLUB mod is just about the only "free" mod you can do to get a little more sound out of your exhaust that will be noticed mainly by yourself when you drive. If you're more interested in impressing others by how "manly" loud your truck is, this isn't really what you're looking for. Only expense is when you add a chrome (or black) tip to finish it off.

Here's a clip to show the difference in sound. Stock first, then 32 DUMP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQueygK ... e=youtu.be

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Didn't lose any power, but mileage may suffer a little until you get the urge to romp on it to hear the sound under control. Guess that's the same with most mods, though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm planning on doing it as soon as i get time to. I've already removed the resonators off of the intake tube and its given it a nice growl. Go for it, if you really don't like it, then there are couplers and clamps that you use to reattach it.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Oh, so clean!

You can always get the trimmin" welded back on if you really, really don't care for the result.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's either today or tomorrow, because it looks like it's suppose to get bad over the weekend. might have to shut down the midwest. i see youre in ohio but check out indianaweatheronline.com, this guy that does this site is suppose to be the "Rain Man" of meteorology.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Does this have any legal ramifications? Like emissions wise?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
You would probably have more of an emissions problem with the altered Diablo tune than with cutting off 32" of your tailpipe.

No exhaust danger because the pipe exit is not under the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm on the fence with doing this as well.

Not really huge on duel pipes, not interested in a full $1,500 exhaust system. I just want my V8 to sound like a V8 with out having to take out another mortgage.

I'm thinking of running a Super 40 with either a rear axle dump or a 2" pipe out the factory location behind the tire with a tip.

But I'm not looking for stupid loud, trashy looking or bad sound. Just a good ol American V8.

It always makes me mad when I hear my UP guy pull up. His POS brown van has more bawls than my 2015 lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts