Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500, 4.3 V6, 2wd, 5 speed manual, Base
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4.3 V6 with 16,000 miles on it (yes correct milage). About once a month I have an issue where I lose power at highway speeds. Engine doesn’t sputter, die, it just has no power. I assume it’s fuel delivery related, I did the fuel lines on it a couple months back. Anyone have any ideas on what it is?

·
Registered
2013 1500
1 Posts
This sounds a little bit like what my truck has started doing. I have a 2013 1500 with 120K miles. I'll be driving and all of a sudden it will lose power and doesn't want to accelerate. Something else that happens is that the dashboard lights flicker off & on, and rpm and speedometer gauges go back and forth rapidly. I'm taking it to get looked out soon.

·
Registered
2003 Silverado 1500 LS
1,072 Posts
Oh man, I have some serious truck envy.. :p .. 16k miles on a 2004? That's unreal, that's the kinda truck I'd like to own.

I'm guessing no CEL, or you would have posted the code. Therefore, my main guess would be fuel pump, based solely on age of vehicle and symptoms. If it turns out to be the fuel pump, be sure and use OEM replacement.

I'd also check grounds and all wiring. Truck obviously sits around a lot, so it has plenty of time to rust away the connections.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
887 Posts
Exhaust leaks might also cause that to happen, you might look at the exhaust manifolds for broken off bolts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts