Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post here as I have just created my account five minutes ago. I am swapping a 6.0 motor from a 2500 Silverado into my 2006 Silverado 1500 with a 4.3. I am just wondering what are the best mods I can do to my truck to have about 430 to 450 hp to the rear wheels. any input will help a lot. Cheers

Attachments

· SilveradoSierra Guru
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
3,161 Posts
swapping the transmission as well I hope (as I believe the 4.3 probably would have a 4l60e and the 6.0 would have a 4l80e). May want to consider swapping axles as well...

· Registered
1,173 Posts
If your just racing around with it, the current axle will likely hold up good. But if your trying to move loads with it, that's a different story.
You should swap in the 4L80E with it. Its already much stronger from factory and basic mods can make it hold even more power. I bet that a pan off valve body kit would get the transmissions holding ability close to the 500 horsepower area because a gas 500 horsepower is somewhere around 500 ft-lbs of torque and in stock form its rated for 440 ft-lbs and that's considered a conservative rating.

· Registered
414 Posts
You don't need nitrous...

Cam, I'm not sure... YouTube some 6.0 cam videos, a lot have dyno graphs and specs. You could also call a cam manufacturer and get up to date information about cams and what will be good for you

Also with cams usually comes rockers and valves, and/or push rods... so it's not just the cam you are buying for longterm usage

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,445 Posts
Forced induction will get you there. But it won't he cheap if you want to get good parts.

My friend has, well had until he removed it to sell the truck, and turbo charged 2008 2500hd. He was running a 76mm turbo and he was dynod at a little over 550 at the wheels. He had more done to it than just the turbo though.

It ate the 6l90e alive though. Although he wasn't very nice to to either haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.