Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 silverado ext cab 1500 z71 that I bought brand new.Been babied.Never been offroad even though I been wanting to for at least the duration of me owning my truck.I still want to go offroad, but realistically maybe 1 or 2 x's year.I Tow or Haul averaging twice a year.I am trying to decide 33's or 35'. I am considering MPG, wear and tear to suspension and drivetrain. I have also read probably 100 post or more and my searches are just becoming redundant.Lol I am seriously becoming obsessed . In over 25 years I haves owned only GM'S. I love chevy's! Basically I just want to say I hope this will be only truck I buy brand new. Like I said I want best possible MPG and wear and tear. Maybe a leveling kit. Thanx in advanced. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Honestly a leveling kit is probably your best option. Everything else, especially going to bigger tires with a lift will stress/strain something. Gears, transmission, suspension, etc.

If you have step bars, take them off. Seriously it will give the appearance of a lifted truck. Everyone has step bumpers but if you have a 2" level with no step bars it looks really good for minimal investment and stress / strain.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 6" BDS on 35's ride like a dream. I would actually like to add a 2" level kit to the struts to get a little more clearance but I am not sure I can do that. My mileage sucks right around 12mpg overasll but it is worth it to me. I love my truck,,, really boils down to personal preference,, I still turn the tires and smoke a lot of trucks from a stand still... :D
Everyone has an opinion and mine is I would have went taller if it would still fit in my garage,,,, :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.